- Recognize each other as equal and necessary partners
- Embrace a willingness to take risks, be nimble, and remain flexible
- Foster direct, respectful, and transparent communication
- Share an understanding of purpose(s) and audience(s)
- Commit to innovation, experimentation, inclusion, and mutual growth
- Work sample of 5 images (jpg) OR 1 five minute video (mov or mp4)
- Image list (pdf)
- Detailed Proposal (pdf): Include as much information as possible about your plans. What will the work look like, how will it function, how will it be made, what is your framing/installation plan? You may include drawings and diagrams and/or other supporting material.
- Artist statement (pdf)
- cv (pdf)
- You should have already signed up for a one-on-one review session with the curator to discuss your application. If you are not signed up for a review session, contact Sara Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to reserve a time slot.
- Sessions will take place between 9:30am - 5pm, February 27 - March 3
- Show up for your meeting 5-10 minutes early!
- February 25 5:00 PM CST Submissions Due
- February 27 - March 3 Review Sessions
- March 27 - 28 Artwork Delivery
- April 1 & 3 - 5 Installation
- April 7 Opening Reception
- May 5 Closing Reception
- May 6 Commencement Ceremony
- May 6 - 8 De-installation and Pickup
Floor Plan, Timeline, Guidelines, and Resource List are all available as downloadable PDFs on the Artspace 2017 Annual BFA Exhibition web page.