- Recognize each other as equal and necessary partners
- Embrace a willingness to take risks, be nimble, and remain flexible
- Foster direct, respectful, and transparent communication
- Share an understanding of purpose(s) and audience(s)
- Commit to innovation, experimentation, inclusion, and mutual growth
- Work sample of 5 images (jpg) OR 1 five minute video (mov or mp4)
- Image list (pdf)
- Detailed Proposal (pdf): Include as much information as possible about your plans. What will the work look like, how will it function, how will it be made, what is your framing/installation plan? You may include drawings and diagrams and/or other supporting material. Please include proposed dimensions.
- Artist statement (less than 300 words, first person, pdf)
- cv (black type on white paper, pdf)
- You should have already signed up for a one-on-one review session with the curator to discuss your application. If you are not signed up for a review session, contact Jennifer Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to reserve a time slot.
- Sessions will take place between 9:30am - 5pm, February 26 - March 2
- Show up for your meeting 5-10 minutes early!
- February 24 5:00 PM CST Submissions Due
- February 26 - March 2 Review Sessions
- March 26 - 27 Artwork Delivery
- March 31 & April 2 - 3 Installation
- April 6 Opening Reception
- May 4 Closing Reception
- May 5 Commencement Ceremony
- May 5 - 7 De-installation and Pickup
Floor Plan, Timeline, Guidelines, and Resource List are all available as downloadable PDFs on the Artspace 2018 Annual BFA Exhibition web page.